We get asked often, “Why did you choose Young Living?“
Young Living has been around as a company for over 20 years. Gary Young, founder, has been a guru of sorts in the essential oil and distilling industry (about 40+ years)… literally a key player in bringing essential oils back into modern use with the French Method of usage in particular. (French, German & British ways of using EO’s are completely different – this is another topic for another day)
Here’s some highlights to why we choose this brand:
- We have Gary Young and his experience that others learn from
- 20+ year old company (others are fairly new- most 5-6 years)
- Largest EO company in the world
- The only company that owns their own farms in indigenous regions globally
- Strict ‘Seed to Seal’ process – go here to read more about that process
- Farms are hand weeded; no toxic chemicals;
- 8 different tests including 3rd party
- If it doesn’t pass Gary’s standards (even though it may meet other standards, it does get bottled)
- Essential oil’s make it back into the fields as herbicides
- Distilled and tested on site
- Any farms can be visited…its not proprietary (love that open door policy!)
Some things to consider:
- Most outsourcers distill hot and fast and sometimes with added chemical solvents or synthetics- these oils can still be labeled %100 pure or even therapeutic grade.
- Oils from stores are perfume grade and will say “not for internal use” and sometimes “not for topical use” which should be a red flag. I have even seen some EO’s that are highlighted as supported to the immune system and then has a warning that its flammable.
- Oils on Amazon can be bought, diluted, and recapped, and resold
I challenge you to call any other company and ask what there system/policy is compared toy Young Living. I have done this myself…. it was quite an eye opening experience.