Omegagize is the first Young Living supplement that I started with. I was extremely skeptical as I’ve never been able to take supplements without feeling ill within 2-3 weeks of starting them. To make matters worse, when I’ve tried fish oil in the past it always regurgitated back on me. Not a pleasant experience at all. My attitude was I’d rather live a few less years vs suffer through multiple years of this unpleasant experience just to promote brain, heart, eye and joint health. That was before I used Young Living’s Omegagize
I have been using Omegagize for over a year now. The most dramatic thing that I noticed is positive effect that it has had on my joint health. Prior to using this supplement I was aware of every storm that was approaching, usually before the weathermen told us about it. This is no longer the case.
Omegagize3 combines the power of three core daily supplements. These supplements include:
• Omega 3 fatty acids – essential nutrients that are important in preventing and managing heart disease. Findings show omega-3 fatty acids may help to lower blood pressure, reduce triglycerides, slow the development of plaque in the arteries, reduce the chance of abnormal heart rhythm, reduce the likelihood of heart attack and stroke and lessen the chance of sudden cardiac death in people with heart disease.
• Vitamin D-3 – one of two primary types of vitamin D found in supplements (the other is vitamin D2). Vitamin D is important for the absorption of calcium and the proper functioning of calcium inside the body. It is used to treat or prevent many conditions caused by vitamin D deficiency, especially conditions relating to the skin and bones. The most natural way to generate vitamin D inside the body is through sunlight, as it appears naturally in few foods, according to the National Institutes of Health. However, the fear of skin cancer and increased use of sunscreen means many people are not getting enough vitamin D. In this case, supplements such as those containing vitamin D3 are a good option. A number of studies have linked vitamin D3 deficiencies to neurological disorders, chronic low back pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, complications during pregnancy and more.
• CoQ10 (ubiquinone) – is a major part of the body’s mechanism for producing energy. CoQ 10 is found in every cell in the body. It plays a fundamental role in the mitochondria, the parts of the cell that produce energy from glucose and fatty acids. Japanese scientists first reported therapeutic properties of CoQ 10 in the 1960s. Some evidence suggests that CoQ 10 might assist the heart during times of stress on the heart muscle, perhaps by helping it use energy more efficiently. CoQ 10 ‘s best-established use is for congestive heart failure, but the evidence that it works is not entirely consistent. Ongoing research suggests that it may also be useful for other types of heart problems, Parkinson’s disease, and several additional illnesses. It is generally used in addition to, rather than instead of, standard therapies.
Young Living combines these supplements in their proprietary enhancement essential oil blend to create an omega-3, DHA-rich fish oil supplement that may support general wellness. When used daily these ingredients work synergistically to support normal brain, heart, eye, and joint health. Other ingredients in this blend include:
• Clove EO (Syzygium aromaticum) – promotes a healthy immune response, and may support overall wellness. This oil includes the naturally occurring constituent eugenol, and is an important ingredient in many products including Thieves®, ImmuPower™, Inner Defense™, and Longevity™.
• Rice Tocotrienols – Tocotrienols are natural compounds found in select vegetable oils, including rice, bran oil and palm oil, wheat germ, barley, saw palmetto, anatto, and certain other types of seeds, nuts, grains, and the oils derived from them. Chemically, vitamin E in all of its forms functions as an antioxidant.
• German Chamomile EO (Matricaria recutita) – contains chamazulene, a compound that promotes healthy responses to irritation and injury.
• Spearmint EO (Mentha spicata) – includes naturally occurring carvone and limonene. Blend with Peppermint oil for digestive system support*. This oil is an important ingredient in many Young Living products including Citrus Fresh™, EndoFlex™, GLF™, Ningxia Nitro™, and Thryomin™.
• Mixed Carotenoids – Carotenoids are red, orange, and yellow pigments found in fruits and vegetables. About 600 carotenoids have been identified. All of them have antioxidant properties. Some of the most well-known carotenoids are beta-carotene , lutein , lycopene , astaxanthin and zeaxanthin. The results of some but not all observational studies suggest that a diet high in these carotenoids can reduce the risk of developing various illnesses, including cardiovascular disease, age-related vision loss, and various types of cancer.
• Other ingredients: Gelatin (tilapia), Silicon Dioxide, Purified water
The recommended usage is to take 4 liquid ocean capsules daily, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening for daily maintenance. Take 8 capsules for greater health benefits. To be honest, due to my skepticism as well as the need to fit this supplement into my budget, I started with 1 capsule morning and night. Even with this usage pattern I felt the effects in my joint health with a few months of use. I can only imagine the positive effect on my brain, heart and eye health. I maintain this dosage to this day.
References: www.Lifescript.com, ww.WebMD.com, www.Young Living.com and www.wikipedia.org